UFBA FRFANZ Annual Conference & AGMs
November 8-10 2019
Horncastle Arena, Christchurch
New Zealand's largest gathering of firefighters. Networking, learning, sharing, entertainment, living 141 years of tradition, inspirational sector keynote speakers, trade show.
The UFBA & FRFANZ Annual Conference & AGM brings together more than 400 firefighters from brigades and rural fire forces across New Zealand to:
- Meet the UFBA President, Board Directors and Chief Executive Officer along with the Fire and Emergency NZ Board and Senior Leadership Team
- Influence the direction of the organisation through the voting process
- Discuss topical issues with like-minded individuals
- Hear from thought-provoking keynote speakers
- Network and socialise with peers
- Bespoke content and speakers for FRFANZ members
Special guests and keynotes include:
- Denis Onieal - FEMA, US
- Alasdair Hay - Scotland Fire Brigades
- Tracey Martin - Minister of Internal Affairs
- Dave Greenburg - Rescue Helicopter
- Sam Johnson - Student Volunteer Army
- Entertainment by The Topp Twins!
- Breakout sessions including Josh Darby (psychological wellbeing), Damian D'Cruz (Bullying prevention).
- Veronica Clifford, Tara Strand, and Grant Pearce – SCION – Land Management
Have a voice at Conference: Voting Process for UFBA delegates (doesn't apply to FRFANZ attendees)
FRFANZ attendees will attend the FRFANZ AGM while UFBA voting takes place.
One delegate with voting rights from each Fire and Emergency NZ brigade/rural fire force that is also a member of the UFBA is funded for Conference registration, accommodation and travel.
Additional members of each brigade/rural fire force may attend as observers. These delegates do not have delegate voting rights and accommodation and travel are not funded.
The United Fire Brigades’ Association (UFBA) works with 14,000 firefighters from urban, rural, volunteer, career, industry and defence brigades throughout New Zealand. We give back to these selfless individuals by promoting their work and supporting them through advocacy and learning opportunities. FRFANZ represents the interests of rural and forest firefighters and agencies.
The 2.5 day conference is one of the largest gatherings of firefighters in New Zealand, bringing together firefighters from the length of the country and senior decision makers to share new ideas and keep informed on key issues.
As a non-profit organisation, UFBA seeks sponsorship and exhibitors to ensure our members have the best range of learning opportunities available. This includes displays of the latest technologies and services that you the exhibitor have to offer.
Please email the UFBA Events Team if you have any queries.
Registration packs and nomination forms have been sent to all member brigades - let us know if you've not seen yours.
Click here for a summary of the proceedings of the 2017 UFBA Annual Conference
Please log in to download this file